Monday, January 19, 2009

All About Me!

Hello, my name is Kim Hinojosa and I am a single mother of three beautiful boys. My oldest son Brant is 17 and attends Spanish Fort High School. My middle child is 8 and my youngest is 5 and they both attend Rockwell Elementary. I am originally from Tennessee where I graduated from Lawrence County High School and received a full paid scholarship in volleyball to a division one college. During my time playing at Middle Tennessee I set several records that still stand at the university and received several awards including student of the year, academic All-American, APHERD Professionalism Award, All-State, All-Region and was captain of the volleyball team. While I was playing volleyball I was working toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Education. I graduated with honors and received my diploma in 1998.

After receiving my diploma I attained a position as the physical education teacher and head volleyball coach at Robertsdale High School. During the two years there I worked 98 hours a week, was a full time mom and allowed my son to play one sport each season. I was tired, warn out and ready for a break. I had been dating a guy for five years and finally agreed to marry him. I ended up pregnant a short time later and stopped teaching to raise my youngest two sons. While raising them my teachers certificate expired and that is why I am now at USA college, to get my certificate renewed.

Now I am a student and a mother of three. The only things that keep me sane is being able to enjoy my hobbies. I scuba dive, play tennis, golf, am an avid weight lifter and the biggest fan of all three son’s in everything they do. So, I am now looking forward to teaching, raising my kids and getting my new part time business off the ground.

Well, now you know a little about me and you will learn more during my presentation. I will discuss my kids and how remarkable each are, my home town where I came from and where I feel I am going. You will see a few of my interests, my friends and other very important people in my life. I hope you will find it interesting and will enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment