Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Podcasts from EDM3102008

The first podcast I listened to was "Possiblility for using Facebook in an Educational Setting". I chose this particular post because I have just recently been introduced to the Facebook world. This post made me curious on just how Facebook can be used in the classroom. The two girls that were speaking on Facebook did a pretty good job for their first podcast. Even though you could tell they were reading a script, you could tell that they had spent time rehearsing what they were saying. The biggest thing I noticed was their voice decibles. The needed to speek a little louder and needed to be a little more dramatic and not as monotoned. By doing this it would be easier to follow and be more interesting.

"Can You Tube be used for Educational Purposes?", is the second podcast I chose. I basically chose this podcast to learn a little about You Tube. Not being able to spend the time that most can on the computer I am computer deficient and am trying to learn more. The three students in this podcast seemed a little more ready for the their podcast than most. Their voices had a very good tone and carried well so it was much easier to understand. I felt the boy in this group seemed more well prepared or versed on what he wanted to say than the two girls. The girls were easily detected for reading their scripts and I also felt at times their voices changed throughout.

I feel that listening to the podcast would probably have helped me if I would have had the time. If the time would have been available for me then I feel by listening to these podcast I would have been more aware of common mistakes made by all students and maybe I could have corrected it in ours. I know that reading from a script makes you sound very boring and very monotone. If you practice and prepare it helps to make the podcast more interesting and enjoyable to listen to. It also helps prepare you to use a clear and conversational tone of voice instead of a boring tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment