Monday, April 20, 2009

EDM 310 Podcasts

The first podcast I listened to was an interview of Dr. Strange. You could tell he has been doing this for years from the clarity of his voice to the way he kept the audiences attention. Dr. Stranges voice was loud and clear and his words precise. His interview flowed well and you could tell it was not being read or that it had to be thought out while it was being recorded. I felt he definitely kept my interest from beginning to end.

The second podcast I listened to was by Nikki Hunter, Christi Turner and Tiffany Blocker on the issue of "Burp Back Education: How it can be eliminated". I felt they did a very good job explaining what Burp Back Education was and why this type of teaching process needs to be eliminated. I did feel at times that they were reading the material and that their voices became monotone. There material was interesting and well thought out and although their were brief pauses I felt they kept the interest of their audience. Their podcast was easily followed and felt was a good job.

ACCESS Distance Learning: A Work in Progress by Henryetta Alexandra, April Jones and Ashley Reed was the third podcast I listened too. These ladies did a great job gathering their information on ACCESS and delivered it in a way that was easily followed. There voices seemed clear during most of the of the podcast and I felt it was a well thought out and shared lecture. I felt the group leader did a good job keeping everything flowing and bringing the rest of the group in at times that were appropriate. There were usual mistakes that would be corrected during preparation and practice but I feel they did a good job.

My last podcast dealt with technology used in the classrooms at the University of South Alabama. I was a little let down by this podcast. I didn't feel that they were prepared with the information they needed to make this an informative podcast. I didn't really learn what the technology is that is being used or how it benefits USA's teachers or students. This podcast could have been more informative and easier followed.

As for mine and Anne's podcast. I know that we could have done a much better job. We did not come in as prepared as a lot of the other groups and I had a tendency to talk faster than I should have. We made a lot of typical mistakes that could be corrected from practice and being more comfortable with he situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment